Monday, February 16, 2009

My Asian Food Adventure

I'm sorry I haven't had the chance to write in a while, I've been very busy during the week when I go to my friend Jessica's house to play with her and our lovely new nanny Izabela so I can't get to my computer as often. This weekend was a long weekend so I got to see my mum and Dad for 4 whole days which meant plenty of time to try out some of my new tricks that I've learned like shouting every time either one of them sits me down on the floor on my own, climbing (I'm getting very good at this) and I'm still trying to work out that crawling thing - I've been watching Ruby and I do all the right movements but for some reason things seem to get further away from me and not closer together. It's very frustrating!

Now that I'm very good at sitting in a high-chair Mum and Dad are taking me to lots of different places to eat, it's great because I've mastered a way of telling them that I want to try their food without having to resort to grabbing it off their plates. I just stare and stare and stare and once eye contact is established I raise my eyebrows and they get it!

Here's me in between Mum and Dad at Yank Sing which is a lovely Dim Sum restaurant where you can sit outside but you're still inside (a little bit confusing at first). Look at all that food they ordered!




Here's me and my Dad with my friend Ellie and her mum Ranee. I think Ellie looked very cool in her tracksuit. I taught Ellie the same food mind-trick and we both got to try tofu for the first time, I thought it was just OK but Ellie loved it.




Today I met up with my BFF Ruby and her mums and we went to a Thai restaurant that's very close to where I live. They only had one high-chair unfortunately and as I walked down to the restaurant with my Dad and Ruby had her stroller I got to sit in the high-chair which usually I don't mind but today I wasn't that keen.

They tried to keep me quiet with some food, I tried cucumber which looks a lot like gherkin which I love but it didn't taste anywhere near as good. The eyebrow trick didn't work too well today so I tried to grab some of Mum's yellow curry, it was mainly liquid and I wasn't quick enough to grab one of the big chunks of potato or tofu before she pulled my hand away.


I think Mum thought she was going to teach me a lesson by giving me the chunk of lemon from her drink but I thought it tasted great and ate it all up:

There's my lovely friend Ruby and her mums, Ruby was allowed to try some rice but she told me that it was much more fun to play with than it was to eat. I was a bit worried about Erika and Natalie, I thought maybe they'd got something wrong with them but Ruby told me they'd spent the weekend in LA and apparently everyone smiles like this in LA.


Got to go now, I have to pretend to go to bed so that Ruby can call me on her new phone.

No comments: