Monday, October 19, 2009

Well she was always going to be the chatty one

Here's Leah's list of words so far:

Elmer - the first word
Hi
Mumma
Dadda
Apple (well Aaaah-plll)
Row (as in row row row your boat)
No!
Dark
Up
Moon
Boobies (thanks to Izabela)
Hide (said in a whisper and often accompanied by a dramatic Ssshhh)
Hat

She'll also have a go at pretty much any word you ask her to but this has to be my favourite so far:



She also has quite a repetoire of animal noises, some easily identified, others not so easy - her cat's miaow is pretty much impossible to catch unless you're closely related.

I'm pretty sure I think every phase Leah goes through is the best phase so far (OK maybe not the developing tantrum phase) but language acquisition has always been of huge fascination to me. Little did I know just how much fun it was going to be.

No comments: