Friday, July 24, 2009

Has it really been more than a month since we blogged?

Before.....
Blimey, I really have been slack. I'm not sure if it was all the excitement of Leah turning 1, Mamgu's coming to stay, the beginning of walking but time has just slipped by this month. As well as this blog I've been trying to write a little diary for Leah - it started as a daily diary of her first 6 weeks of life, then I got more realistic and made it a weekly diary of little notes; things she'd done, milestones reached, moments I wanted to remember. Well in between trying to keep this up to date, and that diary up to date not to mention Facebook and our photo gallery and the job and the commute it all went a bit south recently. Well I made my last entry in Leah's diary which was a bittersweet moment (I wonder if that's why I put it off for a few weeks) - my baby is definitely a little girl now with a great big personality to match. I hope that one day, perhaps when she is beginning her maternity leave with a squirmy, kicking little girl just waiting to announce her arrival, I will hand over this diary to her so that she can get a little insight into the exciting, exhausting, wonderful, terrifying first year of a baby's life. No doubt mummy-memory will have taken its toll on me and I won't remember much so it's all written down for her to enjoy.

After:
Leah post first birthday (cup)cake.

Me and my girl and her birthday party, again post-birthday cake.
Celebrating surviving our first year as a family....my gorgeous, beautiful, wonderful, happy family:
And excuse me while I get a little nostalgic...
thank god I managed to wipe the poop off my head for that one!

No comments: