Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Things I'm working on at the moment

I know I've been a bit quiet recently but I've been a very busy girl learning all sorts of new tricks. I thought I'd do a quick video-blog so that you can see what I've been working on...

1. Getting Dressed
I've got the hang of pulling my jacket over the top of my head, sometimes I can even get an arm in a sleeve and taking it off is easy-peasy. I decided to go for something a little more challenge and this week I've been trying to learn shoes.


2. Walking
My friend Ruby got this one down a long time ago but I think I got too used to running around with my lion and my stroller and I found it very difficult to slow down long enough to walk properly but I've been trying really hard over the last week and I think I finally nailed it.

3. Talking
Now I know that I've been talking for a very very long time but Mum and Dad have finally cottoned on to what I've been saying all this time. For those of you who don't know my love affair with Elmer stretches back to when I was first born. I've been saying his name for a long time, calling to him when he's in my crib, chatting away over dinner where he sits on my plate and most recently during bedtime stories. Well last night when Dad was reading to me I finally said it in a way that he understood me. Mum ran around trying to find the video camera but it was bedtime and late and I had to go to sleep so I gave her my best 'Elmer' the following morning (again no camera). Anyway this is me this evening, I'm a little bit tired so it isn't my best 'Elmer' but it'll do for now.


So that's what I've been working on, I think I'll try a few more words before moving on to bicycle riding.

See you later chaps!
Leah-Pie

No comments: