Friday, August 21, 2009

Thank heaven for little girls.....

Ruby and I had our first adventure in a very long time today. After a restless night followed by a lie in and then getting back from the doctor late my nap coincided with Ruby's for the first time in a couple of months which meant the adventures were back on if only for one day.

So our mums seized the opportunity and took us to Aquatic Park. They had a nice idea of sandcastles, ice-cream and a bit of paddling. Ruby and I had other ideas!













The assault on our mums began as soon as our little feet hit the sand. I decided to see if it was possible to cover every inch of me with sand and promptly sat down in the wet stuff. Ruby took a different tack and decided to eat as much sand as possible in the shortest time. She also tried to offer some to me or perhaps was trying to help me cover my face in sand as my body was so well covered.

Ruby's tactic was of course very successful in keeping Erika totally occupied but once I realised my mum had time to take photos I tried a different approach and tried to run straight into the sea as she was putting her lens cap on. This worked much better and mum abandoned the camera in an attempt to stop me from drowning myself. Little did she know it was just a tactic to get her soaking wet and it worked beautifully. I managed to get us both covered in water and sticky sand and then to top it off I decided to stage a walking strike and insisted on being carried over to the grass ensuring maximum coverage of Mum's top half too.

Mum and Erika finally gave in and took us off to the grassy bank where they stripped us off and let us run around naked for a while which was smashing. It was lovely to get to play with my friend again!

No comments: