Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey and yam day? Maybe just the yams for me.

Yesterday was Thanksgiving here in the US and although Mum and Dad aren't American like me and so don't get quite as excited by this holiday they made a last minute decision on Wednesday night to go to Whole Foods so that we could all celebrate in the traditional American way by eating lots of food. We started the day with a nice walk down to Fisherman's Wharf and Aquatic Park. There was this huuuuuge tree there covered in all sorts of shiny and colourful things so me and Dad had to have our photo taken next to that:

Unfortunately for me just up the road from the big tree is a big Gap store, well you know how they like to mess about with me in Gap, well today was no different. Mum says it's very important for a girl to know how to put an outfit together so they found me shoes and a handbag to match my outfit:
I couldn't see Dad's face but Mum was nearly rolling on the floor laughing, I don't laugh at her when she's trying stuff on, doesn't seem fair to me. Still we figured we'd better get out before we got into trouble so we walked on up to Aquatic Park. Once we got there I noticed Mum looking at me funny, I think I'm getting wise to their tricks now, whenever she looks at me like that things go all dark for a while and I end up in here:
They even think it's funny enough to take a photo of me the cheeky buggers. After our morning stroll we headed back for our Thanksgiving dinner. As I'm only just starting to eat proper food I wasn't allowed any of Dad's turkey but Mum had mashed me up some sweet potatoes especially. Here's Dad helping me to eat them:
And here's me mid-way through the process - do you like my snazzy new high-chair? Mum says it's safer than the Bumbo and it's great because I can sit in it when Mum's in the kitchen and help her do the cooking:
They also said that pretty soon I'd have to start eating these funny looking things, I'm not so sure!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my US chums. Happy nearly the end of November to my British chums.



No comments: