Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday in the City

I heard Mum and Dad talking this morning about whether to walk over to the Marina today or put me in the car and take me over the bridge to Marin for a walk. I know Dad loves that bridge but I really hate that car seat so I was glad when they decided that we'd just walk to the Marina today. Of course I wasn't telling them that I had no intention of being pushed in my stroller but they figured that out pretty quickly once I started shouting only one block from the house and I got to ride up with Dad in the Bjorn all the way to Fisherman's Wharf. I must've got a little bit sleepy at that point because next thing I know I was awake in my stroller and looking at some boats so I think they tricked me when I wasn't paying attention.

We first went to Baby Gap where Mum and Dad made me try on some ridiculous hats:

Usually I'd kick up a fuss at this, particularly after tricking me with the stroller earlier but I figured I'd bide my time. Then we went to my favourite shop Giggles where Mum and Dad tried me out in a couple of snazzy looking high-chairs then Mum tried on yet another baby carrier to see if I'd like that any better than the other 5 we have in the house. I kept quiet because I know she's starting to get sore shoulders and an aching back but if I don't like it later I'll definitely let her know. They also bought me a nice new toy to play with, I'd seen something very similar on Friday at the Natural Resources store - I must've done so well playing with it that they decided to get me one all of my own. I like Giggles because it has lots of mobiles and ceiling fans to look at and when I'm sat on Dad's chest looking at them I tend to get a little bit sleepy.

Dammit I woke up again in my stroller but this time more fool them, they thought they could have a quiet lunch with me asleep so I waited until the moment the food was put on the table to announce my awakening to them. Haha revenge is a dish best served cold. Dad held me while Mum ate, then Mum held me while Dad ate. They even gave me my new toy to play with to keep me quiet:
Once we finished with the shopping they took me to a lovely spot next to the Exploratorium for my favourite game of lying on the rug and kicking my legs, I also got to look at some trees and the fountain there while they amused themselves taking photos of me in silly positions:


Another typical day with Mum and Dad here in San Francisco.

No comments: