Saturday, November 22, 2008

Rainbows rainbows everywhere

Yesterday Mum, her friend Erika, and my friend Ruby, all went for a walk around a couple of neighbourhoods in San Francisco. The weather was beautiful and sunny with no rain but strangely enough I spotted lots of rainbows at the first place we went to. I even managed to grab one all to myself:
After that we went to a hardware store that Mum found very funny, she kept looking at little decorations to hang on our Christmas tree that weren't shaped like any of the ones I'd seen before at Macy's. There were some shaped like a man that Mum told me is called Elvis, guitars and lots and lots of glitter.

After we finished at the rainbow place Mum and Erika bought some food and took me and Ruby to a park. Ruby fell asleep straight away but I was too busy shouting to fall asleep so Mum lay me on my blanket so that I could kick my legs and wave my arms about which was smashing. Then we all walked to another neighbourhood called the Mission so that we could go to the lovely shop that has lots of toys in it and lots of things for Mum to buy for me. Mum said that last time I went there I shouted for 45 minutes non-stop and she was a bit worried that we wouldn't be allowed back in so I promised to be on my best behaviour this time. Ruby had woken up by this time and we had a great time while Mum bought me some new bibs because I'm starting to eat grown-up food, Erika bought Ruby some new nipples (I was too embarrassed to ask why).

When we got home we bumped into some strange looking animals with antlers, I wasn't allowed to play with them but the nice man said I could play with the white one that was pretending to be one:

and some even stranger looking people:
Dad came down to join us and he and Mum seemed to get very excited at the animals and funny men with long beards, I'm not sure why but they said I'll find out in about a month so I'll do my best to try and remember.

No comments: