Friday, January 9, 2009

Elevensees with the Linden-Naylors

Today was my friend Ruby's mum Erika's birthday. My mum had organised a little surprised for Erika and I kept our little secret very well, I didn't even tell Ruby just in case she let it slip. We met Ruby & Erika at Fisherman's Wharf and Mum pretended she needed to buy something up in Ghiradelli Square so we walked up there, well me and Ruby were in our strollers, but Mum and Erika walked there pushing us up that really steep hill just before the square. We were a little early when we got there and unfortunately Erika spotted part of her surprise a bit too early - Natalie was making her way towards our meeting point at the same time as we were crossing the square but it didn't really matter because Erika was so happy to see her it was definitely worth it.

We pootled about a bit in Lola and then we took Erika to her surprise which was Elevensees at the Crown and Crumpet, a very girly, very pink tea-place in Ghiradelli Square - as Erika would say we were there to conduct a social-anthropological experiment, we were absolutely not there to be girly. The grown-ups ordered food and I got my own chair to sit in see:
and yes that is Elmer with me, he comes everywhere now you know.

They had lots of tea, cucumber sandwiches, crumpets, scones and little cakes. I got carrot and apple mush - doesn't really seem fair does it? Here's the birthday girl Erika and Natalie enjoying some fine English tea:
Notice they're not sharing that tea with Ruby either!

Here's me having a chat with Natalie:
After our tea me and Ruby settled down by the fire for a chat:
We couldn't hear each other very well across that roaring fire so we moved over to the sofa:
Finally I spotted my favourite footballer on the cover of Hello magazine so I took some time out to see what the lovely Mr Redknapp has been up to:
We all had a smashing time

Happy Birthday Erika!!
xxx