Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday afternoon in Marin

Mum and Dad took me out to Marin today to get me some fresh air and to have a picnic. As usual they bickered like crazy before we got out, Dad was taking a very long time to get ready and Mum doesn't have any patience. I put up with it for a few minutes and then shouted at them to stop which they did. We drove over that lovely big red bridge, through an exciting tunnel with Mum making animal noises at me the whole way so that I didn't have time to think about being in my car seat. I was very good and didn't cry at all - I'm getting much better at riding in cars but every now and then I get a bit annoyed and have a bit of a shout just to keep them on their toes.

We parked up in Marin and Mum put me in the Bjorn so that I could have a good old look around but also so that Dad had to carry the heavy rucksack. Mum took this photo to show just how far we got before Dad had to stop and do something:
That's our car just behind him there!

We walked along a path next to the blue lagoon, here's me learning a bit about natural habitats:
At the end of the trail you get to the sea. It was very very very windy:
I liked it at first and laughed and stuck my tongue out but I think Mum got a bit worried that it was too windy because she kept shouting at Dad 'It's too bloody windy' and some other words that I didn't understand. I think she thought that my ears might start to hurt or I'd get sand in my eye but actually I was fine, I was just really tired and couldn't sleep because it was all too exciting. I started shouting 'It's too bloody windy' too and eventually she got the hint and turned me around in the Bjorn, put my hat on and walked back down the trail out of the wind. Luckily that was what I needed so that I could get some rest:
When I woke up we were at a much quieter place and we sat down on a blanket to have our picnic. They had their sandwiches and I had mine:
I also had some of their soup, and some of my food, I tried to have some of their biscuits but they wouldn't give me any. I saw Mum drinking out of a red bottle so I decided that I needed to have some of that too, luckily she got the hint and gave me a little bit. There was only water in there but it was lots of fun trying to drink out of the bottle:
It was a very lovely afternoon. I'll leave you with a photo of the three of us:

No comments: