Friday, January 16, 2009

Leah and Ruby's day out at Fairyland

Mum was a little nervous of me going to Fairyland, she was scared I was going to start demanding fairy wings and tutus once I'd been there but it was more like Nursery Rhyme land. Today my friend Ruby and I went to a little park in Oakland especially for little ones, the whole place is themed around various nursery rhymes and stories with lots of animals and wooden sculptures. We had an absolutely smashing day in the sunshine talking to all the animals, eating ice-cream and playing WWF smackdown on our play-mat.

Mum and me have been practising our animal noises ever since Xmas so it was great to finally be able to see all those animals with all the great noises in person. However, for some reason Mum and Erika decided to start with these fellas:
As you can see, I wasn't too impressed. They then tried to fool me with this one:
but I humoured them because it gave me the opportunity to show off how well I can stand these days. Here's one who had a proper noise to make:
We also saw a sheep, roosters, guinea-pigs, a duck and a goose and these two:
Once we'd seen everything me and my mate Ruby had a roll around on our mat and got the rare chance to compare feet
as well as skydiving techniques:
We ended the day with a bit of wrestling, I think Ruby had me beat, I may be heavier but I think her longer reach gives her the advantage!

No comments: